Did you see my first ever holiday gift guide last week? If you did, you might have noticed that I had a section for children’s subscription boxes. These boxes were one of the first things I listed to include in my gift guide, because they make wonderful holiday gifts to be enjoyed monthly (or even year-round, depending on your subscription!). In our house, we LOVE it when the grandparents want to gift these to the girls, as they’re gifts that we know will have strong lasting power, and then every month when they arrive, we get to talk about how grateful we are that the grandparents give us such wonderful gifts!
One of our favorite children’s subscription boxes is Bookroo. Though it has been a few years since we’ve regularly received boxes, we had about a year and a half when we received monthly boxes from Bookroo, some board book boxes and some chapter book boxes (and for a bit, one of each!). The girls were thrilled every month when their Bookroo boxes arrived, we loved the unique books (some, like Wherever You Go, are still favorites around here 4 years later!), and though we own way too many books, we only ever received one book that we already had. They just do a phenomenal job picking their books.
Then, you might remember that I worked with Bookroo this summer as they launched their new reader platforms, and I absolutely love the work that they’re doing to help young readers get excited about reading and share the books they love. So, it was a no-brainer to include them on my gift guide! Read on for a little bit more about Bookroo and my discount code.
Did you know:
- Through Bookroo, you can gift boxes in 1-, 3-, 6-, and 12-month personal and gift subscriptions.
- You can choose from 3 levels of box: board (3 books per box), picture (2 books), or chapter books (2 books).
- Bookroo’s mission is to enable and empower parents to build their children’s book collections in an affordable and exciting way through curated monthly book deliveries.
- I mentioned that their book choices were fantastic. They have a whole team of in-house experts that work with teachers, librarians, parents, AND children to find hidden gems to send your way. In the chapter book boxes, they aim to send 1 hidden gem and 1 “admired favorite” per box, but since we’ve never received the chapter book subscription, I can’t speak to those selections specifically.
- And if you do receive a book you’ve already got, that’s not a big deal either, as you can just let Bookroo know. They’ll then give you $5 off your next subscription and ask you to pass the duplicate on to someone else.
And, through Bookroo, you can either purchase a recurring subscription for your own family, or you can gift a box or a subscription to another family! Since the books come wrapped in each box (and wrapped beautifully, by the way), a Bookroo subscription is truly the gift that keeps giving the whole year!
So, if you want to give Bookroo a try this holiday season, you can use the code “JOLLYCHILDRENSLITLOVE” at checkout to receive 15% off of any subscription! This offer is valid to anyone, not just first-time buyers, until December 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT.